At this festive time of year, we send our best wishes to all of our clients, colleagues and friends – together with a few light-hearted thoughts for 2017 from one of our Managing Consultants, Paul …
For Christmas this year I would like, in no particular order – and Dear Santa – I’m not bothered about gift wrapping (or ‘Gold-Plating’ as we prefer to call it):
- A client who understands contractors’ need to make a profit in order to stay in business
- Margins that are comfortable but not so high that I will be accused of profiteering
- An estimate that’s competitive but not too high (a winning bid with a good margin) –
actually Dear Santa – can I have lots of those?!
- Budgets that will keep my staff busy but not overworked
- Schedules which don’t require the sprinting ability of Usain Bolt nor the acceleration of an F1 racing car
- Manpower histograms that don’t resemble a large nail that I’m about to stand on
- A scope that is fixed and change procedures that aren’t written in Martian
- A contract that facilitates all the above
- A client team that can imagine standing in my shoes
Please, Dear Santa….
P.S. Dear Santa – can you look after this list and return it to me? I’ll need it again (and again and again…)
Paul Jobling – Managing Consultant, Kingsfield Consulting